A brief synopsis:
Four couples reunite for their annual vacation in order to socialize and to spend time analyzing their marriages. Their intimate week in the Bahamas is disrupted by the arrival of an ex-husband determined to win back his recently remarried wife.
Okay, so this movie picks up from the previous movie "Why Did I Get Married". It stars; Janet Jackson, Jill Scott, Sharon Leal, Malik Yoba, Richard T. Jones, Tasha Smith, Lamman Rucker, Michael Jai White, and Tyler Perry.
I found a lot wrong with this movie. But, I'm gonna keep it to the things that irked me the most.
1) Was Angela (Tasha Smith)not the LOUDEST, most ghetto black woman you've seen on film in A WHILE? Well, maybe not...Look at some of Tyler Perry's other movies. I didn't think that was funny. As a Black woman, I felt bad for Angela and the rest of us whom others assume we act like that with our men. That mess needed to be toned down some, then it could've been really funny.
2) Patricia (Janet Jackson)and Gavin; Once again, an "emotional" Black woman goes to her husband's job, acts like a fool, and then causes his death when he crashes his car trying to get away from her crazy ass! But wait, the guilt didn't last long because she's shown a year later back at work lecturing (huh?), is introduced to a character played by "The Rock" and appears ready to move on. PUMP THE BRAKES! Is this not the same woman who'd spent all these years with the guilt of causing her baby's death in a car crash?...Now, her husband's death? If I was The ROCK...I'd run like hell! Talk about baggage!
Well...At least the location shots on the island were pretty. Enough said.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment